Running social media for your brand is critical, but there is a running checklist of top social media mistakes businesses make every day.
Social media is a great way to promote your brand and connect with your audience, but this list of fatal mistakes could hurt you long-term in your business and relationship building if you aren’t careful.
It’s great to make informative status updates and share valuable information, but what else should you be doing on a regular basis to ensure that your social media is being managed like a pro?
Today, I’m going to share with you how you can build a solid foundation via social media, and what you can do to manage your social media with exceptional prowess and expertise.
The Top Social Media Mistakes Caused by Carelessness
One of the worst things you can be in your business is careless, but above all, you should commit to working with the best staff possible.
Are you making the following top social media mistakes?
- You didn’t properly assess/vet your social media management provider. This happens so often these days, as more social media agencies continue to pop up around the world. Social media is easy to use, but it takes more skill to manage it. Keep in mind that those who manage your social media accounts are representing you. It’s wise to properly research anyone you choose to hire to manage your social media. Check them out and ask for references.
- Ask for feedback and respond to it. When your audience gives you feedback, respect it. It’s vital that you desire feedback, otherwise you won’t know what your audience is looking for. Ask for feedback, and even when you get negative feedback you should respond to it.
- Don’t ever buy likes or followers. Did you know that buying likes or followers is NEVER a good option? A big part of building a genuine audience is getting organic likes and followers. If you are paying for likes and followers you’ll struggle to get real responses and real results. If you want to get the numbers you desire, you need to have real customers to target with ads and engage in conversation.
- Stop pitching. Many new marketers often pitch way too early or too often. It’s generally too often. Build a relationship with your audience, and you’ll be able to gain the trust of genuine people that are following you. If you are constantly pitching yourself or your product, rather than getting to know your audience, you’ll have a difficult time winning people over. Focus on relationships, and you’ll have customers that buy and come back for more without fail.
- You post the same thing…every day. Engaging content for your audience means that you’re posting valuable content that means a lot to your audience. What matters to them? What problem can you help them solve? If you post the same thing over and over, people will run away….and quickly! Change up your social media posts, and keep people laughing, thinking, and talking.
There are tons of ways you can improve daily and social media is no different. Avoid these top social media mistakes, and you’ll build a greater following than you ever imagined.